Sunday, April 26, 2015

Grand Opening

Yesterday, Hagerstown held its Arbor Day celebration/Community Garden grand opening. I was there. It was fun. The weather here yesterday was cold and slightly breezy, not warm enough yet to plant those tomato and pepper plants we were given. I met a few more of my fellow gardeners, including a very nice and outgoing lady who just got back from a month-long trip to China.

The local paper has an article about it that is chock full of errors, but there it is nonetheless. (Just a sample of the errors: there are 26 beds, not 24; beds cost $20 or $30, depending on size; and they aren't flower beds, in fact we plot holders are restricted as to how many flowers we can plant). No, I'm not in any of the pictures.

My plants are all coming up and need thinning. Once the weather warms up more I'll actually be able to do that without my fingers going numb after thinning just four rows of radishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment